• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan article on Blabbermouth.net

Kuroneko · 4622

Offline Kuroneko

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/kuroneko247
on: April 04, 2008, 02:50:03 PM
So one of my friends found an article about X Japan performing at Madison Square Garden in September on Blabbermouth.net saying:

Reactivated Japanese rockers X JAPAN will play their first-ever concert in the U.S. on September 13, 2008 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The band will also perform in Paris, France on July 5.

Professionally filmed video footage of X JAPAN's March 28, 2008 concert at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan can be viewed below.

Performing with X JAPAN at the band's three reunion shows at the Tokyo Dome were GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Richard Fortus and former LIMP BIZKIT and current BLACK LIGHT BURNS member Wes Borland.

X JAPAN's influential lead guitarist Hideto "Hide" Matsumoto committed suicide in May 1998.

Fortus and fellow GN'R guitarist Robin Finck played X JAPAN's "Endless Rain" as part of their guitar duet during some of GN'R's Japanese shows in July 2007.

X JAPAN's new song, "I.V.", topped iTunes' daily charts upon its release on January 23 in both Overall Sales and Rock categories.

X JAPAN is the first Asian artist to chart high worldwide on iTunes and the Billboard music site Billboard.biz.

(http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=94174)

I'm excited by this article...but at the same time I'm a little mad that they said that "Hideto "Hide" Matsumoto committed suicide in May 1998.".....and also I'm really pissed off at some of the comments that people, who haven't heard of X/X Japan, left....*breathes*.....

but yeah...I just wanted to post this in case anyone was interested...
The news is getting out in America....woot!.....

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 03:17:13 PM
Quote from: "Kuroneko"
X JAPAN's influential lead guitarist Hideto "Hide" Matsumoto committed suicide in May 1998.

>,<#

Bwah... And they didn't mention Sugizo... or hide HOLOGRAM and PLUSHIE. <.<

May X be with you!

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 05:07:49 PM
I'm excited by this article...but at the same time I'm a little mad that they said that "Hideto "Hide" Matsumoto committed suicide in May 1998.".....and also I'm really pissed off at some of the comments that people, who haven't heard of X/X Japan, left....*breathes*.....

Me too. >_> I considered getting an account there just so I could tell off those idiots saying the concert won't sell enough tickets. They're totally underestimating Jrock fans. =P I'll bet X Japan will sell out MSG at least 5 times over! >D I mean, MSG has 20,000 seating capacity, and X Japan sold 150,000 tickets for the Tokyo Dome concerts last weekend (and at least 200,000 people wanted tickets to that!), so selling out MSG should be a piece of cake for them. XD

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 07:10:24 PM
I'm in the group of people who think that they won't sel out the MSG.

I'll bet X Japan will sell out MSG at least 5 times over! >D I mean, MSG has 20,000 seating capacity, and X Japan sold 150,000 tickets for the Tokyo Dome concerts last weekend (and at least 200,000 people wanted tickets to that!), so selling out MSG should be a piece of cake for them. XD

The 200,000 request for tickets came from Japan, not USA. If X finally sells out the MSG I bet it will be mainly with people coming from Japan.

Btw, hide did commite suicide, if it was intentional or accidental is another point, but he killed himself.

hi there

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 07:34:24 PM

Uh... what's wrong with that sentence?  I'm the type who prefers artists be called solely by their professional names rather than their birth names in articles-- but other than that?  Whatever really happened that night, his death was announced in Japan as being a suicide, and these kinds of articles are really not the place for paragraphs of "maybes" and "ifs" and "buts", if you know what I mean.  They're going for summarization here. ;)

And yeah, no mention of Sugizo, but the article was written for an English-speaking audience and most English-speakers don't know who he is and wouldn't understand the significance of him playing with X.

As for selling out MSG or not, it's hard to say.  I certainly hope they do, but I'm not entirely convinced of it.  And I agree with darkcat that they'll need people coming from Japan to help sell it out.  (For this reason, I think they'd have an easier time selling 20,000 tickets in LA.  LA's much closer to Japan.)

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Edside

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 07:58:55 PM
Don't worry, that place has always been full of idiots and people who insult freely. Quite a few artist have critised the comments that people do there, the site itself post them as news from now and then.

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 08:21:25 PM
I went from New York to Japan for the Tokyo Dome concerts, so I'm sure at least some Japanese fans would make the trip to New York for X Japan. ^_^

There's already people in other countries making travel plans, so maybe it'll be like the Japan concerts in the sense that people from around the world will attend. XD

And even if they don't sell out MSG despite all of that, I'm sure lots of people will be there. <3

I guess I was just annoyed with the people making the comments in the article about how they didn't think X Japan could sell out MSG because they were implying that they think X Japan isn't good enough to do that. >_> Not to mention some of them directly insulted the band. >_>

Offline slunksoma

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 12:33:49 PM
Quote from: "darkcat21"

Btw, hide did commite suicide, if it was intentional or accidental is another point, but he killed himself.

I'm not sure that's correct,  surely its suicide if you INTEND to kill yourself, otherwise its an accident.

a href="http://www.myspace.com/customplates">Check out my 'X Japan guitar bits and bobs' myspace!

Offline stormrider81

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 12:38:38 PM
Im The one who gave them the info to post about X playing in NY.
They added the rest.
Where it says (Thanks: Kyle)
Thats me :)

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 01:06:47 PM
AFAIK it was was not stated as a suicide in Japan... >.>

May X be with you!

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 01:13:39 PM
lol @ comments.

But I really don't know if they're gonna fill MSG. If you only count loyal fans that is.
Those who wanna go see Yoshiki cause SKIN AND OMG STARTING VISUAL KEI might fill the rest though.

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 02:33:00 PM
Quote from: "MillieQOF"
But I really don't know if they're gonna fill MSG. If you only count loyal fans that is.
Those who wanna go see Yoshiki cause SKIN AND OMG STARTING VISUAL KEI might fill the rest though.

I think 20,000 fans will fill it.. it's announced almost half a year in advance unlike Paris.. >.> So people have plenty of time to notice it and plan a trip to NYC.. ^^

May X be with you!

Offline stormrider81

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 05:00:37 PM
Quote from: "nage"
Quote from: "MillieQOF"

I think 20,000 fans will fill it.. it's announced almost half a year in advance unlike Paris.. >.> So people have plenty of time to notice it and plan a trip to NYC.. ^^

I dont think they will have a problem filling the place. They just need to advertise right.