X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Has anyone ever met any X Japan members?

Guest · 32554

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: February 25, 2010, 05:35:35 PM
Well, I haven't met any of them...   

Me neither  :'(

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #61 on: February 26, 2010, 09:45:27 AM
LOL yeah, that was nice, Ami. xDD The fans in france for example even went out drinking with Ra:IN afterwards. ;D

As for me, I've "met" Pata last year in Cologne and the year before at Japan Expo. And also shook Yoshiki's hand and got blue blood signed by him the year before. ;D
(I'm still thinking "WHO THE HELL scribbled on my booklet!??" everytime I see it.... XD )

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline andi3

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KARMIA
Reply #62 on: March 29, 2010, 01:21:15 AM
Never met any of them :( But if they'll ever come to Finland I'll hunt them down :D I was almost in a plane to Paris already but then that got cancelled :/

Offline Silvia

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Reply #63 on: July 27, 2010, 06:10:50 PM
I saw Yoshiki at Japan Expo in 2007 but I didn't get an autograph

Then next year I met Pata in the Japan Expo and he signed my Dahlia CD and Metal Box from Ra:IN. It was like:
- *signs the metal box*
- mmmm can you sign this one too...? ^^' (sorry...)
- Oh yes ^^
- *about to sign in the cover*
- Noooooooo here no, sign inside in your photo
- Here?
- Nooo in your page *look for his page, ugh where is his pic/my bag falls of my arm ugh x_x *here here ^^
- Ah ok haha*signs*
- thank you~ ^^
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Then last July I was able to get a ticket for the Yoshiki signing session and got my Dahlia CD signed *o* (I had a trauma for 3 years xD)
It was like:
me: - (will they let me sign two CDs? The dvd and another one?? I hope so!)
man: - Only 1 autopraph, NO PHOTO NO VIDEO
me: - ok.... u.u (Eternal melodyII or Dahlia...? Dahlia, then I'll have 2 autographs in 1...^^)
Yoshiki: ^◡^
me: - Here *a paper falls* X_x
Yoshiki: ^◡^ *signs*
me: X_x thank you ^^
me: ... o.o
me: ....?? o.o X_x
Yoshiki: Gives my booklet back ^◡^
me: .... thank you... bye.... ^^ X_xU

XDDDDDDDDDD next time I will say something, promise....

(In case somebody is bored, I wrote a looong report about my trip here: http://theredfury.tumblr.com/post/790087206/paris-japan-expo-2010)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:13:54 PM by Silvia »

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: July 27, 2010, 06:21:48 PM
LMAO THAT made my day!!! |DDDD

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: July 27, 2010, 06:47:30 PM
I plan to meet Yoshiki one day.

The closest I've gotten to the X Japan members was during the Night of Creation in 2008 when I was sat next to the right-sided run-way-cat-walk, so I was just a couple of meters away from the band whenever they walked down it. Heath and Pata seemed most willing to play to the croud when they shouted him, but Yoshiki just seemed to ignore everyone :P

Toshi pointed at our group when we all screamed his name during Orgasm (reading that back sounds profane XD), but he does that regularly so we didn't feel particularly special :P

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #66 on: August 01, 2010, 01:55:14 AM

Offline Wakyan*

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: August 01, 2010, 05:06:41 AM
Toshi pointed at our group when we all screamed his name during Orgasm (reading tha back sounds profane XD), but he does that regularly so we didn't feel particularly special :P

lol That made my day!  ;D

Stop my tears. Stop my loving. Kill my memories.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: August 01, 2010, 12:01:35 PM
I met hide's brother in May.  Does it count?   ;D

We are X!!!!!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: August 01, 2010, 12:03:19 PM
I met hide's brother in May.  Does it count?   ;D

Nice :) What's Hiroshi like these days? Still short and chubby? xD

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: August 01, 2010, 05:04:31 PM
Tanabata is counts   :D
Tell us about it!

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: August 02, 2010, 08:41:35 AM
i meet Matsumoto  Hiroshi 1 years ago. outside lemoned shop.   He is  nice man. 

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: August 11, 2010, 03:00:21 PM
I met Yoshiki in 2006 at Otakon then took part in the panel discussion, Interviewed him in the press conference at Otakon 2010, and saw him on the street. Of course Sugizo was at the press conference too.

I would really like to sit down and talk with Pata. Since the media pretty much ignores him =/

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: August 11, 2010, 04:57:18 PM
I would really like to sit down and talk with Pata. Since the media pretty much ignores him =/

That would be very interesting! Mayby you can have the chance to interview him? Me too I would know more about how he is or how he thinks. Mostly the only things we hear about Pata: he likes whisky and cats  :D
But I am curious about how he is as person.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: August 12, 2010, 11:04:47 AM

That would be very interesting! Mayby you can have the chance to interview him? Me too I would know more about how he is or how he thinks. Mostly the only things we hear about Pata: he likes whisky and cats  :D
But I am curious about how he is as person.

From what Yoshiki has said about Pata in the past, he's generally very unenthusiastic (supprised much? xD) to band life, at least in X Japan.

In his 1999 Fools Mate interview Yoshiki pretty much said that Pata was, more often than not, drunk and refused to participate in band decision making and instead usually asked to be left alone.

Interestingly enough, in Yoshiki's recent interview with the Phoenix New Times I think he refers to Pata in one part. When talking about Sugizo's work ethic in regard to the recording of the new album, he makes a comparison that some other musicians "do their part and then leave to get drunk". I wonder to whom he is refferring there? :P

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #75 on: August 12, 2010, 11:11:46 AM
LOL well Pata isn't the most talkative person so it's rather hard to get some proper answers from him XD

I'd love to meet Toshi...!

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: August 12, 2010, 06:18:08 PM
I'd love to meet them all and I'd really like to read really good interviews from them all!
And I so wished that I could have been to that Toshi meeting last month, that must have been beautiful, he sang new songs. Still nothing on the internet about that performance   :(

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: August 13, 2010, 09:52:25 AM
Tanabata is counts   :D
Tell us about it!

I met him in Shin Kiba at the Dive to Pink event this year on May 3.  I noticed a few people talking to him, looked closer and realised who it was.  I wasn't going to go up and speak to him but I got the courage and did so.  I just said "Hiroshi.  Otsukaresama deshita".  He had a look of slight surprise on his face probably because I'm a foreigner.  I shook his hand.  It was enough for me.  If you look closely you can see a resemblance but, generally, they are really quite different in looks.  Of course hide was really slim (as an adult) but Hiroshi is rather chubby.  He seemed very nice.

Oooh, concerts this weekend.  I'm getting ready.  Will go and visit hide either tomorrow or Sunday too.  Hotel all booked.  :)

We are X!!!!!

Offline pinklemons

• View Profile
Reply #78 on: August 17, 2010, 01:58:04 AM
I met Yoshiki at Otakon in 2006. I was in line for his autograph session on Saturday for 5hrs and was the person after the last person left in to the session my dad wouldn't let me stick around to see if he came out to greet people so i missed the handshakes he gave out. I went to his panel and was going to go to the panel he was supposed to be at on sunday. Luckily I had convinced my dad to buy me The Last Live DVD while i was in line for his autograph the day before. So i got his autograph at the special autograph session he did on sunday. I almost couldn't speak i think the only thing i said was thank you. I got a poster signed that they had. My friend got her drum symbol signed and got a handshake. She told him how she has to wear arm braces like his.then she asked for a hug and he looked to his management and they shock their heads no then he was like handshake  and gave her a hug anyway.So she got a hug and handshake from him. His management then went through the line telling everyone no physical contact. She cried after, I almost cried.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 02:04:34 AM by pinklemons »

pinku_

Reply #79 on: August 17, 2010, 04:07:09 AM
then she asked for a hug and he looked to his management and they shock their heads no then he was like handshake  and gave her a hug anyway.So she got a hug and handshake from him. His management then went through the line telling everyone no physical contact.

Awwww, Yoshiki is so nice ^ ^

Offline pinklemons

• View Profile
Reply #80 on: August 17, 2010, 04:31:44 AM
He is. I wish i had actually talked to him but i felt kind of weird. because i cosplayed hide that weekend

pinku_

Reply #81 on: August 17, 2010, 04:34:32 AM
awww you should have ^ ^ really, yoshiki seen a lot of hide cosplays i'm sure.
and i don't think that will be weird for him.

Offline DemonIced

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: August 19, 2010, 02:45:03 AM
Concerning meeting bandmembers, does anyone has any idea when does X shows finish usually, and if anyone ever got the chance to meet them outside the venue, how much time it takes until they get out of there?

I'll explain the situation, I got tickets for the Toronto show today (my heart is still racing as I'm typing this) and I'm coming from Montréal, Québec, a 6-7h hours bus drive from Toronto. So I have to take a bus to come back, there's one at 00:30 and the next is at 7:30 the next morning. I would like to take the 00:30 one to avoir sleeping there, but I absolutely don't want to miss them after the show, especially since it's not an enormous venue. There would be a good chance that I would meet them...

What would you think?

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #83 on: August 19, 2010, 03:11:07 AM
Concerning meeting bandmembers, does anyone has any idea when does X shows finish usually, and if anyone ever got the chance to meet them outside the venue, how much time it takes until they get out of there?

I'll explain the situation, I got tickets for the Toronto show today (my heart is still racing as I'm typing this) and I'm coming from Montréal, Québec, a 6-7h hours bus drive from Toronto. So I have to take a bus to come back, there's one at 00:30 and the next is at 7:30 the next morning. I would like to take the 00:30 one to avoir sleeping there, but I absolutely don't want to miss them after the show, especially since it's not an enormous venue. There would be a good chance that I would meet them...

What would you think?

If this was Asia then I would I think for a band of X's stature that it would be very unlikely to meet them and they would be ushered into their coaches/cars in a hurry. However, seeing as they're fairly low-key in America there is a chance that you might catch some of them at the back exit after the show, I mean, they have to exit the venue one way or another! right?.
When I met all five members of the band 'Pavement' they all came out separately in 20 minute intervals, but they're really down to earth guys so they stopped and chatted to us. They had no security at all but X fans are totally different.

It also depends on how quickly Yoshiki sorts out stuff with the venue. I would guess Pata and Heath would be out earliest and they would be most likely to stop for a quick chat or a cigarette.

However, my biggest qualm about meeting a band like X is the types of fans they might attract. From my limited experiences I know that musicians generally don't like being worshipped but prefer a more down to earth relationship with their fans (not sure if this applies to Yoshiki :P) That being said, there may be a high influx of crazy fans who would do stupid things to see their idols and in the interest of safety, this may result in the band making a quick exit.

Overall, it really does depend on the artist. Some may simply ignore the fans and head home, while others will stay for a chat and take photos. Also, you have every right to wait for them unless you're violating some sort of law or putting people in danger.

Best of luck.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline DemonIced

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: August 21, 2010, 09:48:13 PM
Thanks for the answer! I do hope there won't be too much X crazy fanatics after the show (I don't there will be in Toronto though). I'm more into talking with the band, getting my CDs autographed and taking a picture. I've done it with a lot of bands and have yet to see someone who seemed bothered by it, if done with respect.

Offline jlp319

• View Profile
Reply #85 on: August 22, 2010, 09:20:52 PM
I met Yoshiki about two weeks ago when they were in Chicago for Lollapalooza.
It was when he was being interviewed for ABC World News and a bunch of fans showed up at his hotel. I got separated from my friends when everyone ran after him when he left the hotel.
So, I just hung back and it paid off because he ended up coming back in my direction and talking to me.

It was a very short conversation -- mostly because I was in shock. He just asked me how I was and where I was from (he didn't know where MO was, lol). He shook my hand then I got the hell out of there because *everyone* was trying to get his attention and I realized I really didn't like being the middle of a fan-mob.   

Coolest moment of my life though, hands down. 

Offline emikoishida

• View Profile
Reply #86 on: August 28, 2010, 04:19:13 AM
I met Yoshiki about two weeks ago when they were in Chicago for Lollapalooza.
It was when he was being interviewed for ABC World News and a bunch of fans showed up at his hotel. I got separated from my friends when everyone ran after him when he left the hotel.
So, I just hung back and it paid off because he ended up coming back in my direction and talking to me.

It was a very short conversation -- mostly because I was in shock. He just asked me how I was and where I was from (he didn't know where MO was, lol). He shook my hand then I got the hell out of there because *everyone* was trying to get his attention and I realized I really didn't like being the middle of a fan-mob.   

Coolest moment of my life though, hands down. 

Hey, I met him in Chi-town too! xD I can now die happy.

I wrote a post about here: http://lady-dynamite.livejournal.com/3638.html
 so if you anyone wants to read it, go ahead. :)

Offline jlp319

• View Profile
Reply #87 on: August 29, 2010, 03:43:05 AM
^
LOL! Wow! You're braver than me! I never could have approached him.
Only reason he noticed me was because I nearly killed myself trying to stay out of the way of the cameramen. XD

He seems to cause clumsiness in others, lol!

That is awesome that you got an autograph for your friend though!

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #88 on: September 06, 2010, 07:45:00 PM
I have not met any of them, but I hope that changes on October 7th :)

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Offline ReiMISERY

• Rookie
  • "飛べ飛べ飛べ飛べ♪屋根ぶっ壊しちまえー♪" -hide
    • View Profile
    • StickamJAPAN
Reply #89 on: October 26, 2010, 01:05:53 AM
no,  but  in toronto  TOSHI  was right in front of me and waved back at me XD