• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

People who hated the Concert

Kihl · 52950

Offline Kihl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: March 31, 2008, 01:32:09 PM
I debated whether I should put up this topic, and I hope that it won't generate a flame war, but yeah, these t**ds are one of the ones who riled me up.

I really think that they are elitist and narrow-minded, but judge for yourself.

Note: Reading the Post and Comments may induce RAGE.  :evil:

http://jrocknyc.blogspot.com/2008/03/yaxl-roshiki.html

http://jrocknyc.blogspot.com/2008/03/x-japan-live-2008-feed.html

http://jrocknyc.blogspot.com/2008/03/wes-with-x-japan-twice.html

Love will Find a Way

This the Line you Used to Love

Do you Still believe that?

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 01:35:28 PM
YAXL-ROSHIKI, excellent  :lol:

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 01:41:29 PM
What the hell is with all the commentors agreeing with him/her, they should be flaming that poster.

There's always some loser on the internet being an asshole towards bands that come back, for example, the led zeppelin reunion, on a lot of the youtube videos, there's someguy who makes like, 20 page argumeants trying to wind people up by saying they're washed up has-beens, that Jimmy Page doesn't have it anymore and sounds horrible, makes jokes ect.

Infact funny enough, he took the mick out of Robert Plants vocal range compared to what he was like in the 70's, yet even though he might not be as good anymore, at the reunion he showed that even at his age he still has more range then the young singers in the crappy mainstream bands out in the UK these days.

I think luckily the amount of people on youtube saying Toshi isn't as good anymore is very small compared to the people who think he's just as good or even better.

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 02:00:03 PM
I was thinking of saying something to that A*****E blogger as well actually.

He was waiting for Yoshiki to do something bad from the very first time X-Japan decided to reunite.He does nothing but insult Yoshiki whatever he does and he always finds a way to do that.

Many people were complainng about the first night(and they had the right to do it since they paid a lot  of money for a 1 hour concert) but X Japan did 2 amazing shows after that and it's something nobody can lie about.What happened during the first night was not good,but it can happen(and it also happened in the past) so it's nothing anybody can't get over of (maybe except the ones who just saw the Night of Destruction concert :D ).

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 02:26:13 PM
What the heck.
Seriously are they serious about saying that "I was a big fan of X"? 'Cause it doesn't sound like that at all.

And what grugde do they have with the hide hologram?!
I think it's a brilliant idea. Since that IS hide.
First they complained about the virtual hide, and then they complained about replacing him.
Wtf do they really want?!

Haters. I'm suprised that many people supported that poster.
He's getting on my nerves.

P/S: AND some of them spelt hide wrong! It's hide, not Hide! Damn it! :x

*EDIT* And I had enough on them badmouthing Yoshiki!!  :evil:

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 02:27:25 PM
Lol, I'm gonna get ripped apart, burnt and cloned to get killed again because I say this but...I kind of agree with that guy(?).
Not about X-Japan being too late, those concerts are huge and organization must have been a pain in the ass.

But

On the down side, still can't believe Yoshiki's doing the fake-as-hell exhaustion tumble AND destroying his drumkit. Get a new schtick, duder, that one was old and unimaginative when you did it FIFTEEN YEARS AGO.

I got no patience for rich assholes destroying perfectly good musical gear.

It's true, Yoshiki has pulled that show forever now, and it wasn't very original to begin with. I know people say it's "part of his personality" and his "way to express himself", still it doesn't make it any more exciting or new. And even though asshole is a too strong word, it has always been a pet peeve of mine when musicians destroy their instruments, I've never gotten the appeal.

In other words, fuck the current fans, he only wants NEW ones!

I agree with this to some extent. Some actions on Yoshiki's side made me  think he is desperate to get into the US market and get a new audience (ehem, Saw).

Quote from: "Ulquiorra"

I think luckily the amount of people on youtube saying Toshi isn't as good anymore is very small compared to the people who think he's just as good or even better.

Well, I'm not on youtube right now, but I don't find Toshi's voice as unique and appealing as it used to be (pre voice coach, I guess, bad voice coach, too).

Also, it's just some guy's opinion.

However "Yoshker Strudel" made me laugh, made me think of Yoshiki in Lederhosen   :shock:

RIP

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 02:28:41 PM
Lol! I was pissed at first but then I laughed. The whole blog is just messed and so r the ppl there.
Bout the concert being late:

For your info, the concert was late for 2 hours because of THE ELECTRICITY PROBLEM that Yoshiki had to deal with TOKYO DOME. Initially TOKYO DOME DIDN'T want to supply the electricity for Hide hologram (a contract problem) and Yoshiki himself talked to tokyo dome til at last, it was allowed. Thus made him over exhausted, no break before hand and during concert! You guys at least should pay some respect to him and X Japan.

jigokugal

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 02:56:03 PM
Quote from: "Kihl"
I debated whether I should put up this topic, and I hope that it won't generate a flame war, but yeah, these t**ds are one of the ones who riled me up.

I really think that they are elitist and narrow-minded, but judge for yourself.

Note: Reading the Post and Comments may induce RAGE.  :evil:

Dont tell me you didn't expect this ;P Humans are just humans, first they complain because X is disbanded and when they do a reunion, they do it wrong.

Mod color o' mine

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 03:02:40 PM
it was expected.. but that was really mean.
How they made it sound like X Japan, Yoshiki and this whole reunion thing is a joke.

Here comes hide!

Offline Skooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 03:03:37 PM
Generally I'm not really bothered by it. It's just someone's opinion I don't agree with.

I'm irked by him calling Pata "a bad Jimmy Page impersonator, which I guess he's always sorta been..." though XD.

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 03:12:32 PM
and I laugh over a guy there saying that although X asked him to play with, he would refuse.
ROFL! what a joke of the year? Who would ever think that X will ask him to jam with? Lol. I can't even be angry at this.

jigokugal

Offline Maya

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 03:19:48 PM
I hate all the haters >,< (XD)

That really doesn't get into my head ... I'm also kind of sorry for Wes, because all those people went so crazy when they heard about this o.O I mean "OMG, this totally ruins everything, I won't watch the concert!" ... wtf? xD Everybody complained about hide being replaced ... (and the choice of the 'new' guitarists e__e)
And then when almost every hide-part had been played by hide (incl. hologram) ... it was wrong. XD I can just laugh, don't know ...

People seem to be so narrow-minded. I'm really asking myself what X should have done so everybody would be satisfied. I guess, that's just impossible.
(And after all it's Yoshikis and Toshis project, yeah ... and Yoyo had been around long enough to decide who can be on stage with the band. e_ê imo)

And all the Yoshiki-haters get on my nerves as well xD;
"He disrespects his fans, he only does it because of money, he is so selfish, blabla".
I really doubt that Yo has any money-problems or is that greedy, he needs this reunion. <,< But yeah ... *shrugs* Surely he does it, because he feels its time for it ... and he really wants to do it. So ... what's wrong with that? I can't see anything bad about this kind of selfishness. Hasn't he a right to live his dream as anybody else in this world? And he didn't force anybody to join him ... and he didn't ruin anything with the reunion. Nobody can deny that at least the third concert was AMAZING (I didn't watch the second yet, so ... no idea bout this xD). At least I am very happy I was able to experience this.
Ok, what I can understand is that people who only attended the first concert are a bit pissed off ... XD It left me with mixed feelings too, at first.

So ... long text and I don't know what I actually wanted to say ... (in german this would have been a bit easier xD).
I don't mind Yoshiki being a drama queen (besides I still think his fading the first night was no show. <<) and destroying stuff on the stage. Well, I won't use the "it's his personality!"-argument now. ;P But it always have been part of the show, thats true. e,e And I don't know why some people complain so much ...
Oh yeah, something more comes to my mind XD;; Euh ...
It seems to me, everybody thinks like "In the good old times everything was perfect, but now there's just shit left!" ...
This is not the first X show ever who has ended because of Yoshikis physical health. And Toshi always had strong and weak moments. I'm asking myself if all those people even listened to old X live stuff. (some performances were really bad e.e)

Now I really lost the plot and end this confused post e__e;
Sorry for writing that much XD

Maya

Wild passion~

"C'mon Yoshiki, you can do this ... if you do it fast, maybe noone notices it's happening ..."
"Eeeek, he kissed me xD"

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 03:34:05 PM
Quote from: "jigokugal"
and I laugh over a guy there saying that although X asked him to play with, he would refuse.
ROFL! what a joke of the year? Who would ever think that X will ask him to jam with? Lol. I can't even be angry at this.

LOL that would make the joke of the century!  :lol: I couldn't help but bold it up. XD

And Maya, well said!
If Yoshiki didn't smash drums or do those dramatic things, I won't feel satisfied coz it seems like something was missing..
And I love Yoshiki for how he is!

Here comes hide!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 04:24:09 PM
Quote from: "ferret"
Well, I'm not on youtube right now, but I don't find Toshi's voice as unique and appealing as it used to be (pre voice coach, I guess, bad voice coach, too).

I prefer his pre coach voice for songs like weekend and X as well. But the point is wether his voice has gotten worse since 1997, I don't think so imo.

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 05:47:19 PM
...and they started talking about Yoshiki's personality. Ok, who gives a crap about that? people will always have their opinion, and you can't help assholes to exist, but what amuses me is that that's the opinion of an ignorant 15 y/o "rebel" that has nothing else to do, and he didn't even assisted the concerts. Man, I haven't seen a single person that actually went to the first day complaining like a granny with hemorrhoids on a department store.

So yes, his post is as smart as Bush is :roll:

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 06:08:16 PM
Quote from: "Skooter"
Generally I'm not really bothered by it. It's just someone's opinion I don't agree with.

I'm irked by him calling Pata "a bad Jimmy Page impersonator, which I guess he's always sorta been..." though XD.

Exactly how I felt too, that was really the only part of the whole thing that bugged me.

JrockNYC annoys me in general, because that guy tries so hard to be "cool" and "edgy" and shit like that that it's usually quite painful to read.  These particular posts don't especially bother me though.  In fact I thought that Yaxl-Roshiki photo was pretty hilarious. :twisted:

And I agree with the person who posted this comment on his blog:
Man, X is my favorite band - very dear to me, etc. And I don't give a fuck about this new thing. Whatever it is, it's not X. I think Yoshiki needs Taiji and hide constantly smacking sense into him for him to be able to run a proper rock band.

...with the exception that I do personally find myself caring about-- and even enjoying-- this new thing more than I expected to.  It's not X, but I'm having fun with it anyway (perhaps in part because of my low expectations and ability to separate the two?).

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 07:16:18 PM
The problem imho is, that after the first night, the night was still awesome, X was back and you had a great night (even when it was cut short because of Yoshiki), but when the second and especially the third night came and you saw what they played there I can understand if people who went only to the first show are a little bit disapointed/jealous/whatever, cause compared to the other nights I would consider the first one the weakest (but still pretty cool).
Does that make any sense what I wrote?  :lol:

Offline [Didier]

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/didieer
Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 07:46:33 PM
the only thing i agree with those comments..
is the fact that Yoshiki ask Wes Borland to play guitar with X.
like someone said in the comments,
it was just like a punch to the gut, to me.

Wes Borland should not be playing with X
and in all the other things, im fucking happy.

Offline violence

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 07:53:37 PM
at first i thought wes borland would have runied it too. they way he annouced it, it seemed he didn't get the importance of it. but after reading his recent blog post, i feel much better about the decision. plus i kinda feel bad for him, imagine haveing to deal with the fact that no one will ever take you seriously because you were in limp bizket. its really tainted his career. all that cosidered, i think he did pretty well

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 07:56:12 PM
Quote from: "Matthias"
...(even when it was cut short because of Yoshiki)...
I want to clear it up, that there were technical problems (that Yoshiki actually had to deal with himself) which caused the concert to be late.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 07:59:10 PM
I wasn't reffering on the being late, more on his breakdown during Art of Life. But for the audience both things (technical problems and Yoshiki down) wasn't that great I suppose.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 09:28:01 PM
@Babak, I haven't read that thread on JRR yet but I agree, I don't see why anyone should be flamed simply for disliking something or being disappointed.  Everyone should be free to like or dislike whatever they want-- ESPECIALLY if they went through a lot of trouble and expense to see it.  A lot of fans (and I mean in general, I'm not referring to anyone in particular here/there/anywhere) just take stuff too personally.  People have different tastes.  Not liking the same concert/song/band whatever doesn't mean someone is eeeeeeevil and out to get you.

And it's funny but I was actually more excited after the first night than I was about the second or third nights, but I dunno, I might just be weird. ;)  And I wasn't there of course, I mean just following the three nights with you guys and etc. (which was a hell of a lot of fun!).

About Wes, I like what he wrote in his blog but I don't think he should feel the need to apologize.  I still don't think he fits with X, but that's not his own fault.  Wes is just being Wes, as he should be.  The source of the "problem" (for those who consider it a problem) isn't him, but the guy who invited him.  To me it's just another weird decision by Yoshiki.  (And no, I don't hate Yoshiki, at all, and it's Yoshiki's band and he can do what he wants with it.  But the guy makes some damn weird decisions sometimes.)

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 09:33:31 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
But the guy makes some damn weird decisions sometimes.)

Come on ... say it, we all know what comes next.  :wink:

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 31, 2008, 09:46:17 PM
Quote from: "Matthias"
Come on ... say it, we all know what comes next.  :wink:

Alright, alright, I'll say it...

His lipstick in "Nude" was totally the wrong shade.

;)

Offline Zwanster

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 31, 2008, 10:00:22 PM
Wes did great I think, as for all the people flaming him before he even played thats just stupid, give the guy a chance.
I think people moaning about the first night is kind of fair enough though to be fair, Toshi's voice was a bit shaky, Yoshiki missed a few smacks on the drums, and then theres the whole "falling unconcious" thing which ended the show early, to be fair If I'd flown over to Japan for that one night, I'd probably be pissed off (I enjoyed watching it the day after extremely though, but I hadn't paid lots of dough for it). But the 2nd and 3rd nights so made up for it, Toshi's voice improved a hell of a lot, and the set list of the 3rd night was just plain awesome (I watched it steaming :D ) especially the bit at the end with the hide doll and Pata crying, seriously that dude never cries.

P.S. Hows it going... I'm new

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 10:13:24 PM
Go to say I was really lucky to get us tickets for the 3rd Night as well - as we were originally supposed to watch only the Night of Destruction, I would have been rather disappointed. Not because of overall performance, which was great, but because the concert ended so abruptly and we were worried about Yoshiki.
Also, Toshi's voice at the first concert was actually great - sure, he had a bit of trouble, but mostly due to tiredness and also because he was greatly moved. Wouldn't blame him for that.
Yoshiki was indeed pretty tired, too, so I really won't complain. And the atmosphere was fantastic, people were cheering so much, especially for Toshi and hide. I know several people voiced their discontent over hide's image being shown so much, but it was acutally wonderful! Absolutely appreciated by the wast majority of people, you could tell from all that cheering around whenever hide appeared. It was really moving.  :)

Pony rocks!

Offline Zwanster

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 10:41:56 PM
Ok well he very rarely cries then  :lol:

Offline Rafaell

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Mizerable
Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 10:45:19 PM
Maybe he cries once every 16 years.

Offline Zwanster

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 10:46:05 PM
Every full moon probably, does have the hair of a werewolf.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 10:46:58 PM
ok...now here goes my opinion.

At first I'd like to say that usually I hate all those hating stuff (sorry, but iti's simply like that).
If somebody only watched Nights of Destruction he/she would be really disappointed. I mean, I was...
The ending came really as a suprise. The first couple of mins afterwards I was thinking this was it...this was really it...wouldn't it have been better if X hadn't reunited??!
Afterwards worrying about Yoshiki's health and the next two live came on my mind.
I was soo happy to see X Japan and especially Yoshiki doing fine on those next two lives and to even finishing AoL on Night of Creation.

I think the concerts need to be looked at as something that belongs together. At least two nights, destrution and creation belong together and need to be regarded as one show.
Hopefully Yoshiki will bring us a box with all three lives. Somehow I'm pretty sure we'll get that.

But to get back to the actual topic. The problem is that if one only looks at the first night, he/she will be pretty disappointed and hence the "hate".

Maybe I should add that I didn't read those hater-opinions. Being a Gackt fan too, I'm used to hater communities, but this really sux. I like artists that I like and I really don't care about ppl who don't like them.

X Japan's lives were great (at least what I've seen so far). I was really afraid that they might have turned out crappy (concerning the hide thing and guest guitarists) but X prooved me wrong. They really kicked ass again.

Well, enough said. I'm a bit drunk right now, but I guess I made my point clear.

Sorry for the text flood. ^_^ <3<3