• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
on: March 27, 2008, 01:52:49 PM
http://www.myspace.com/toshioffice

From TOSHI's bulletin:
Hello, friends!

Toshi will release a new maxi single CD; "EARTH IN THE DARK -Leaving for the Blue Sky" specially for you prior to its general sales in May.

You can listen to 2 versions of the song on myspace Toshi page.

For you international fans, the new CD will be available at Toshi official website by credit card payment soon. Digital distribution of this song is already open on Oricon mobile Japan. And yes, internationally, it will be distributed by iTunes, Napster, eMusic, etc. via CDBaby soon, hopefully from the middle of April or later.

Toshi will start his own weblog on a Japanese blog service very soon, and it will be translated into English and posted in the blog space here.

We have lots of things to tell you, but we need your patience and understanding still.

Thank you always for your support.

Toshioffice

This is my administrator color.

Offline UVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 02:42:31 PM
Wow Earth in the Dark sounds awesome. o_O

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 05:28:51 PM

his new myspace profile pic..... AWESOME!
our TOSHI is finally back  :D

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 05:33:23 PM
I'm glad that he still gives importance to his solo career.He's back with X-Japan,but that doesn't mean he has to rule out every other project to go on.Each member has is own solo career now and each one of them has to go on with that besides being part of X,each one has to keep his own identity.

Also,the song sounds interesting and Toshi's voice is greater than ever 8)

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 05:37:02 PM
OMFG! TOSHI??? :shock:

Really a great picture! Can't believe it's him, wow!

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 06:26:46 PM
Yeah, nice photo!  Looking good, Toshi.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline radicalblues

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 06:53:34 PM
That's what makeup, a stylist, and a good photo session artist do, what did you expect?

"Our" Toshi was never ours, I think he looks just as great as always, except each day he gets more handsome, and the photo artist really helped! He's gonna shine on stage today.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 07:02:32 PM
Quote from: "radicalblues"
That's what makeup, a stylist, and a good photo session artist do, what did you expect?

Oh yeah, of course-- but they did a good job anyway.

Personally I don't believe in "our" Toshi either... he's his own Toshi, he should be free to do whatever he wants with his career (as should everyone).

He's gonna shine on stage today.

Agreed!  Best wishes to him.

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 07:23:27 PM
He just wore another kind of clothing of what he was used to, he looks awesome, and cut the "FiNaLlyYyyYY OuuuURR ToSHEeh Iz BaK" crap. He never used that kind of formal clothing before (just for hide funeral, obvious troll is obvious), so where's the "back" of that?

Now that X got back together everybody seems to like his solo career with Masaya :roll: I wonder why...

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 08:05:11 PM
I like the new pic! :)
Hoeever, the song title sounds more promising than the song itself, at least for me...

Quote from: "Radical Pan"
Now that X got back together everybody seems to like his solo career with Masaya :roll: I wonder why...

Er...who does? :P I doesn't think someone really changed his mind about likeing it or not. Some people might like the new song, and that maybe because they tried to mix in some rock? I don't think that has anything to do with X Japan's reunion o_O;

(And I still don't like his masaya-solo stuff.... I dislike that kind of music ever since I was 6 or so -_- Just not my taste, AT ALL...)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 08:38:17 PM
Quote from: "AsukaMiyu"

Er...who does? :P I doesn't think someone really changed his mind about likeing it or not. Some people might like the new song, and that maybe because they tried to mix in some rock? I don't think that has anything to do with X Japan's reunion o_O;

Tell that to the docens of PM's I've received lately on different forums AND how the download counter of my Toshi stuff shot after I.V. was released :roll:

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 09:00:20 PM
Pretty natural that interest in everything related to X Japan and its members would increase now with the reunion stuff.

But if that makes people take another look at Toshi's solo career-- so what?  Was there a deadline announced for when people can begin to like Toshi's music? :P  More fans = more sales, so it's good for Toshi anyway.

I haven't heard the new songs yet myself; the Toshi songs I've heard previously just aren't my thing.  But if others like it then great, enjoy it.

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 09:29:21 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
Pretty natural that interest in everything related to X Japan and its members would increase now with the reunion stuff.

But if that makes people take another look at Toshi's solo career-- so what?  Was there a deadline announced for when people can begin to like Toshi's music? :P  More fans = more sales, so it's good for Toshi anyway.

I haven't heard the new songs yet myself; the Toshi songs I've heard previously just aren't my thing.  But if others like it then great, enjoy it.

Even drastically changing people's mind toward him? I don't find wrong to people suddenly like him, but I didn't know that was natural as well. You have no idea how many post of "I didn't like his solo career but now that he's back with X, I do" or "Toshi's back to X! I don't hate Masaya anymore" I've read.
So yes, it makes you wonder.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 09:39:37 PM
You have no idea how many post of "I didn't like his solo career but now that he's back with X, I do" or "Toshi's back to X! I don't hate Masaya anymore" I've read.

Oh, well that kind of thing is weird, if someone is actually saying that they suddenly like his music only because he's back with X, even though they didn't like it before.  So yeah, I agree there... his going back to X doesn't somehow change the sound of his previous solo music.

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 08:04:28 AM
Toshi is going to release a PV of the new song:

http://www.toshi-official.com/music/

Offline radicalblues

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 11:51:02 PM
Well, this new album combiens both Masaya's strings orchestra stuff and rock beats, so it's natural for it to have more people interested.

Not to mention a fucking sexy picture of Toshi in the cover instead of flower photos :P

If people like it they will of course lurk backwards to his other works with Masaya, which weren't as promoted... luckily those of us who were there before bought the last prints of these albums XD~

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 12:00:39 AM
Not to mention a fucking sexy picture of Toshi in the cover instead of flower photos :P

If people like it they will of course lurk backwards to his other works with Masaya, which weren't as promoted... luckily those of us who were there before bought the last prints of these albums XD~

Heheh, no matter how sexy Toshi looks on the cover of the new one, I'd never be able to bring myself to buy that one that says "Toshi Healing" with all the kids holding hands... :shock:

And I listened to the new song on his myspace now.  It's still not my kind of music, but there's no denying that the guy has a truly awesome voice, regardless of what he chooses to sing.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 08:44:39 AM
Even drastically changing people's mind toward him? I don't find wrong to people suddenly like him, but I didn't know that was natural as well. You have no idea how many post of "I didn't like his solo career but now that he's back with X, I do" or "Toshi's back to X! I don't hate Masaya anymore" I've read.
So yes, it makes you wonder.

Okaaay, that's really weird *Drop* -_-
As for me, I for sure won't change my mind about certain songs just because something rather unrelated happend (Toshi rejoining X years later doesn't really affect the songs, does it..)

But the "fucking sexy Toshi" on the new CD cover... somehow that's really... unfitting. To me it looks like they try to change the image a little to gain more buyers. As not many X listeners will like the normal healing music. Well, nice that they figured that out, but really, Toshi's healing stuff blog with a black background??? After all the white, light and flowers and children and what not, that is REALLY strange.
(Yay for advertisment! =_=; )

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 05:36:11 AM
Quote from: "AsukaMiyu"

Okaaay, that's really weird *Drop* -_-
As for me, I for sure won't change my mind about certain songs just because something rather unrelated happend (Toshi rejoining X years later doesn't really affect the songs, does it..)

Aber the "fucking sexy Toshi" on the new CD cover... somehow that's really... unfitting. To me it looks like they try to change the image a little to gain more buyers. As not many X listeners will like the normal healing music. Well, nice that they figured that out, but really, Toshi's healing stuff block with a black background??? After all the white, light and flowers and children and what not, that is REALLY strange.
(Yay for advertisment! =_=; )

Some months ago, on the Kizna station interview, Toshi said he finally understood that singing X's songs and screaming his lungs out was also a way of healing. People grow, I don't see anything wrong in that, at all.

I'm a marketeer myself, and even though MASAYA produces his music, you can totally see that he changed his marketing team (even though he didn't seem to have any while he was on his healing tours). He's got a new site, fan club membrecy, a better taken-care-of Myspace and he's now releasing Limited and Regular editions of his new single. I could bet my ass that Yoshiki (maybe X JAPAN manager) sent some MK&PR people to him.

As for the cover itself, I don't see anything out of the extraordinary, he just appeared on it for the first time, and I could write various interpretations of the picture. I think it's totally accurate with the name, he's not showing his bare chest or anything (even though I wish he did, lawl).

Offline radicalblues

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 06:51:50 AM
Just pointing out, some of Masaya's lyrics are pretty dark, in Perfect Love Toshi sings: "for I have suffered more despair, SO MUCH MORE than ANYONE". While some Yoshiki lyrics are pretty light, in Dahlia words says that whoever holds scars in the heart, they will be cured. CURED. Hael me plz.

Earth in the dark undoubtly has dark (duh) themes to it, but will surely keep the healing anima.

As Toshi says, X Japan music and screaming is pretty healing and healthy too... even if he seemed reclutant to sing "violent" songs at first, everything has light and shadows. I find a whole stadium jumping and making an X with the hands just as cheesy as a drawing of kids holding hands, the symbol is different but they share a meaning.

So um, what Pan said, this big change probably got Toshi a new staff team that renewed his website, blog, MySpace, clothes, hair, but I think we've all learned things like that are the least important.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 02:04:29 PM
anyone got his new song already? anyone upload that song (earth in the dark), i think it sounds beautifukl

Ex denxdenx

Offline Edside

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 08:24:55 PM
I bought it from Cdjapan a few weeks ago, hopefully it will arrive soon.  :D

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 05:26:24 AM
cd japan? the date of sale = 2008-5-26? its mean that next month?

Ex denxdenx

Offline Edside

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 05:44:25 PM
Quote from: "denxdenx"
cd japan? the date of sale = 2008-5-26? its mean that next month?

I think it's out already, in another thread you'll find someone who's got it too. :wink:

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 06:10:25 PM
No, no it is released on May 26, what's already on sale is a limited edition at Toshi official website.

hi there

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008, 07:20:19 PM
Go to Toshi office again guys, there's a new sample up, starting from the very end of the guitar solo, Toshi is awesome ^^.

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #26 on: April 27, 2008, 08:00:42 PM
You can also buy it from CD Baby if you live in America. It's about $15, and there's six versions of the song included. ^^ And I think it was put up on iTunes recently, too, right? o.o

Offline Edside

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 27, 2008, 10:21:43 PM
Quote from: "darkcat21"
No, no it is released on May 26, what's already on sale is a limited edition at Toshi official website.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the info :)

Offline xfreakjess

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://hideincarnate.livejournal.com
Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 06:22:22 AM
"Earth in the Dark" is really catchy! XD; As soon as I can afford it, I'm buying it!