• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Languages

madrigal · 15727

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 04:51:17 PM
My mother tongue is chinese and I speak not very fluent english and very bad at my country's language *ahem*Malay*ahem.
Studying Japanese now. =3

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 10:51:02 PM
Native language swedish, annd I speak pretty fluent english.
I also know french well enough to understand most stuff on websites for example, and I'm learning a little japanese but that language is close to hopeless xD I can understand norwegian and written danish.

Then I know some other languages very crappily...

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: April 03, 2008, 02:24:40 PM
I'm speaking german as native language XD and I know English quite fluently ^^ I speak it fluently at least, with only a few mistakes now and then

I studied French for 3 years and Latin for whole 5 years XD but i forgot it all.
I am in my third year of Russian aaand I learned Swedish for a year...
but Swedish is extremely easy to learn when you're german XD

I just love languages!! I have to learn Japanese eventually...

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #33 on: April 03, 2008, 06:44:37 PM
Czech (mother language), fluent in English and Japanese, German (passive)
(little French, understand Slovakian and Polish - but that's easy, as these are Slavic languages as well)

Pony rocks!

Offline nemetroid

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: April 03, 2008, 09:03:05 PM
I know both Swedish and English fluently, and can also read Norwegian and Danish (and make a little bit of sense out of Icelandic).

I "can" speak Danish and Norwegian as well.. As in, changing some of the words I know are different and changing the intonation and so.  :D

Offline Dreamaway

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #35 on: April 05, 2008, 05:30:48 PM
My native language is English, and the only other languages I can speak is the remains of French/German lessons from school about 5 years ago (which is going to be interesting when I go to Germany in a few months  :lol: ).

☠  Jenny  ☠

I feel the cold ground underneath my boots, and for no good reason it reminds me of you.

Offline Layla_Black

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fotolog.com/natsuko_koizumi
Reply #36 on: May 14, 2008, 09:05:54 AM
My mother tongue is Catalan but I can speak Spanish at the same level (a second mother tongue)

My English is also quite good and I know a little of French (from school)and I'm starting Japanesse  8)

Offline Orbis

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #37 on: May 14, 2008, 05:54:15 PM
Mother tongue is Finnish, but my English isn't bad either. I've learned Swedish at school for 4 or 5 years and started learning Japanese last autumn.

Week End, Week End, Week End, I'm at My Wit's End"

Offline Edside

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: May 14, 2008, 08:05:11 PM
Mother tongue: Catalan.

I also speak Spanish, English and German.

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/r1canmam1
Reply #39 on: May 27, 2008, 06:04:47 PM
I only speak English. Although I just picked up the Rosetta Stone's Japanese until my husband gets back from Iraq and then I will find some classes to take as well. My husband is the language guy. He speaks Russian,Ukrainian(well obviously similar to Russian),and Arabic.

Offline Brusiiri

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: May 27, 2008, 06:36:05 PM
Well my mother tongue is Finnish, so that I speak fluently.  :D  I also know a little of Swedish and German. Both of them have gone quite a astray, especially German.

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 12:23:51 AM
finnish, swedish, english and some japanese..

Offline iluvpinkspider

• Sunday Listener
  • do you bleed for the fantasy?
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: October 22, 2009, 03:42:09 PM
i speak a little japanese, buth my native language is english. i can also speak a little elvish, but it's mostly insults. XD same for german.

If you could have told me everything
You would have found what love is
For now I will try to live for you and for me
I will try to live with love, with dreams,
and forever with tears

RIP hide! December 13, 1964-May 2, 1998

shane140

Reply #43 on: October 22, 2009, 04:31:11 PM
My mother tongue is English, and i can speak spanish a bit from what i learn in school and i'm currently trying to learn Japanese.

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: October 22, 2009, 05:32:31 PM
I speak English, trying my best to learn Japanese, in fact I have an test today in class :o

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: October 22, 2009, 06:29:46 PM
Mother language is Slovenian, I speak more or less English and German, understand lotsa of Slavic languages, when written i can unterstand to some degre romanic languages, but not that much when spoken, i was learning latin and am curently learning japanese(i konw a bit allready) and korean

Offline neo-shaman

• Sunday Listener
  • rockpolice
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: October 22, 2009, 07:24:00 PM
Oh, nice thread since I'm studying languages in secondary education.
My mother tongues are Finnish, Swedish and English. I have no idea why my parents talked English to me and my bro when we were just kids. I speak all these languages at home.
Along those three languages, I speak French, German, Russian, Latin and Japanese, and I'm studying all of these at the moment.
I'd love to learn lots of languages, like Icelandic, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese... I just love languages, they are so much fun! :D

OLD SKOOL VISUAL DESTRUXION
GUITAR DRUM BASS

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #47 on: November 01, 2009, 07:39:56 PM
Oh, nice thread since I'm studying languages in secondary education.
My mother tongues are Finnish, Swedish and English. I have no idea why my parents talked English to me and my bro when we were just kids. I speak all these languages at home.
Along those three languages, I speak French, German, Russian, Latin and Japanese, and I'm studying all of these at the moment.
I'd love to learn lots of languages, like Icelandic, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese... I just love languages, they are so much fun! :D

Wow, thats alot to learn!
Um,...my parents are vietnamese. The vietnamese language in Chinese and Latin mixed together...I think, thats what I learned when I was little, Vietnamese is very similar to Chinese, but we don't use characters/symbols. We use letters and marks. It may seem easy, but it is VERY hard. I am very good at vietnamese, but am not fit to be a teacher, so don't try to get me to teach you. When I grew up, I spoke both Vietnamese and English, since I was born in America because of the Vietnam War back the 1970's. The first words I learned were like......dog and cat and stuff..Simple words....I almost always went to summer school to learn more and more vietnamese, my parents made me, but I didn't want to go....So I am the smartest in Vietnamese in my Sunday School class. Yay Me!

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
  • I think I am a banana tree
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #48 on: November 01, 2009, 09:51:32 PM
God, I feel so lame! I only know English. I've been learning Japanese for a little while now and only recently have had any success. My brain doesn't wrap around language easily it seems.

I hope to learn some Cantonese, Hindi and maybe Korean someday. I doubt I will, but it would be interesting.

GARBAGE DAY!

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: November 01, 2009, 10:38:38 PM
God, I feel so lame! I only know English. I've been learning Japanese for a little while now and only recently have had any success. My brain doesn't wrap around language easily it seems.

I hope to learn some Cantonese, Hindi and maybe Korean someday. I doubt I will, but it would be interesting.

if you keep on trying you can learn any language you want, just don't give up and don't think you're bad at this

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #50 on: November 02, 2009, 12:23:10 AM

if you keep on trying you can learn any language you want, just don't give up and don't think you're bad at this

Yeah, Yoshiki once said to keep on trying no matter what life throws at you, you know being bilingual is good for business (so random...)

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
  • I think I am a banana tree
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #51 on: November 02, 2009, 06:24:57 AM
Haha, if I were learning a language for business, I would probably choose French or Spanish. ;) I haven't seen many customers try to communicate in Hindi, at least around here.

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm trying my best!

GARBAGE DAY!

Offline Silvia

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Reply #52 on: July 26, 2010, 05:21:03 PM
My maternal languages are spanish & catalan and I studied english at school
I 've studied a bit of japanese and I know some words / phrases in chinese and korean (from TV XDD)

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: July 26, 2010, 05:53:11 PM
My maternal language is Dutch. I speak French fluent. My English-speaking is verrrry bad, I can't say the English 'r'  and my German-speaking is even worse: that is Dutch with sh's thereafter   :D
That's all!

Offline Alice

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: August 24, 2010, 10:39:11 PM
My maternal language is polish but I also speak english and I think it isn't too bad and I also like this language ;d I also learn german but I don't like it.

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #55 on: September 01, 2010, 01:47:42 AM
My language is English. I can also speak some French but not fluently.

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

CharonCaori

Reply #56 on: September 01, 2010, 02:34:26 AM
English. I'm studying Japanese for about 7 hours a day this year, so I'll hopefully be pretty fluent by the spring. I already know more than enough to get around... Reading is difficult, though.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: September 01, 2010, 02:56:18 AM
I speak English and Hungarian fluently. I studied Russian in school for 9 years but I haven't used it for a very long time. I also studied German. I hate the irregular verbs! I also understand a bit of Italian/French/Spanish but not enough to write home about it. I'm studying Japanese now just for the fun of it. And I'm secretly hoping that eventually they will take a page out of the book of the ancient Romans and they'll abandon character writing.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Wakyan*

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: September 01, 2010, 03:32:23 AM
Great topic!

I speak English fluently, it is my first language.

I speak Spanish, I've been speaking it for the past three years.
I'm not fluent, yet....almost.

I am currently learning Japanese! I love it!
Although, I do have trouble speaking it.
I add too many intonations to the words. lol
I hope to work/live in Japan in the future, or to at least go there. lol

In addition to all of that I am also learning French.
I love the language and I hope to one day speak it fluently.
Also, to of course visit and/or live in France for a bit.  ;D

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 07:00:05 AM by Wakyan* »

Stop my tears. Stop my loving. Kill my memories.

Offline Unoriginal Name X

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: September 02, 2010, 05:21:12 AM
My primary language is English and while I don't speak any other languages I can read French with some proficency. Couldn't read a novel or tell anyone exactly what is written but I can understand the jist of a few sentences or paragraphs. Only stuff I really remember how to say though are O Canada, the bare bascics and "Je ne comprende pas Francais. Anglais sil vou plait?/I do not understand French. English, please?" which will serve me well if I ever have to travel to Quebec.

Would like to be able to speak and read it fluently though.