• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

A piece of Silent Jealousy...

X-J · 2496

Offline X-J

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: November 07, 2007, 11:23:04 AM
I am a bit astonished that apparently no-one has mentioned Sonata Arctica's brief reference to Silent Jealousy in one of their gigs. It is only roughly a minute in length, though, the main theme in piano plus a few lines. I don't know if it's on some torrent (I quite seldom use those) but "some other dowloading sources" (I think I may say this much without breaking the law  :D ) may well have it.

Only what is in motion can rest."
-Martin Heidegger

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 01:44:30 PM
It has been mentioned, but in some other topic. You can find it on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA5M-3KB2lU

It's not a full cover.

Mod color o' mine

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 06:19:48 PM
Hehe, that's probably the reason this board is kind of dead. At some point you've discussed so much, that theres barely anything left. But that cover is indeed a very nice gesture from them. The song on YouTube is longer though. The mp3 I have of it is only the part up to the guitar part.

I was very impressed musically with the recent cover of the song, by Lord. Hideaki's vocals scared me a little at first because I only have Vigilate material from the 90's, but overall it's really not that bad. And it's the whole song too.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 07:07:44 PM
I actually had it too :P

It came with a "X Japan Full Discography" torrent that I downloaded ages ago.

This is my administrator color.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 12:11:22 AM
Quote from: "xScQ"
The song on YouTube is longer though. The mp3 I have of it is only the part up to the guitar part.

Thats because "Silent Jealousy" stops once the guitar kicks in. The rest is their own song and its quite obvious that its not silent jealousy.. so I'm assuming the person who you got it from cut the rest of the song as it wasnt "Silent Jealousy". Whats the point in sending someone an mp3 labelled as one song when its 2 different songs?  :P