Matthias · 54458

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/r1canmam1
Reply #60 on: June 25, 2008, 05:42:59 PM
Quote from: "Lucs"
GREAT !!! Now I want it ! :(

Same here. I keep forgetting to reserve it. Maybe I should go do that now.

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #61 on: June 25, 2008, 07:06:27 PM
Quote from: "leria83"
GREAT !!! Now I want it ! :(

Same here. I keep forgetting to reserve it. Maybe I should go do that now.

Take one for me :D

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #62 on: June 27, 2008, 11:29:01 AM
You can pre-order Noble on www.cede.ch !!!

It says the release date is 11.07.08 !

I guess I'll pre-order it. Cede.ch usually sends the CD before so you get it on the release date !

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: June 27, 2008, 05:18:06 PM
That's also the date listed on amazon.de, but in one of my previous post it was stated that it was pushed back (or the information there was wrong, don't know *g*)
Whatever, this seems to be the Coverart of the CD (also from amazon.de):

EDIT:

And again some changes, found at the homepage of my friends from http://www.dead-orchestra.net/:

2008.06.27 ~ one last change for NOBLE
The iTunes release of NOBLE has been brought forward to July 9! Moreover, according to CLJ Records the album will be released in Europe on July 16.

The DVD tracklist has been also revelead via Versailles' official homepage:
1.Prelude
2.Aristocrat's Symphony
3.Episode

The first Japanese press will come with a 32 page photo booklet

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: June 27, 2008, 06:50:00 PM
Quote from: "Matthias"
You're right, hide and Pata had less shred in their solos than Hizaki and Teru in this one, but I didn't only mean the type of playing but more the "Guitar Player 1 Solo" followed by "Guitar Player 2 Solo" and then "Guitar Player 1 and 2 Solo".

The X guys didn't invent that you know.  :wink: I could name you dozens of bands that used the same kind of solos and are older than X.

Anyway, the track I heard (Revenant Choir) sounded pretty okay. I didn't really like the solos, but the harmonies were cool and some of the riffs sounded good too. The only things that annoy me are the singer and the outfits  (they fucking freak me out!! I mean, dressing like 80s glam bands is one thing, but completely looking like a fucking chick is just plain weird). So they should get a good singer that can hit the high notes and doesn't sound like an old crossdresser with throat cancer and lose the outfits and dress a little.... errr... manlier (SPANDEX!!! :mrgreen:).

http://www.myspace.com/sunrisehmsh

SUNRISE: the heavy metal benchpressing maniacs running wild!

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: June 27, 2008, 07:10:20 PM
Quote from: "Envenom"
You're right, hide and Pata had less shred in their solos than Hizaki and Teru in this one, but I didn't only mean the type of playing but more the "Guitar Player 1 Solo" followed by "Guitar Player 2 Solo" and then "Guitar Player 1 and 2 Solo".

The X guys didn't invent that you know.  :wink: I could name you dozens of bands that used the same kind of solos and are older than X.

Yeah I know that, it was just an example where I see the similarities between X and Versailles, but at the moment I have to admit that The Revenant Choir really sounds a little little bit like Silent Jealousy.

You're right the costumes (especially Hizaki) freaked me out at the beginning, too. But after some time, seeing them live and watching their videos I really dig the outfits. But I totally understand if someone doesn't like them  :lol:

Here one track that shows another side of Versailles music, written by Teru it sounds a little bit more "rough" compared to their other stuff:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kihRWv74Q5s[/youtube]

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #66 on: June 27, 2008, 07:28:19 PM
This track is called Zombie, right ?

Well, I really like Versailles' outfit, it wouldn't be the same if they just wore some normal clothes. It's really original, it's not only music, they really built their own little world !

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: June 27, 2008, 07:28:35 PM
now that cover reminds me of Malice Mizer with Gackt....
Versailles rocks nonetheless. Will probably get the cd and I hope that there'll be a nice live DVD someday...^___^

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: June 27, 2008, 10:59:05 PM
This track is called Zombie, right ?

Correct Sir.  :wink:

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: July 04, 2008, 08:21:44 AM
Trailer/Prelude for Noble is online:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7fg7YVJLjw[/youtube]

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: July 04, 2008, 09:00:33 AM
The trailer looks like it was supposed to promote a Moi Dix Mois release or something like that :)

Really like it and anxiously looking forward to the full-lenght :twisted:

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: July 05, 2008, 11:02:12 AM
Soundsamples are available here, thanks goes to dead-orchestra.net.

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: July 05, 2008, 04:00:56 PM
GAHHHHHHH I hate teases.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: July 06, 2008, 03:31:00 PM
I prefer teases instead of nothing  :wink:  but you're right, I also want to hear the album right now, hopefully it will arrive as soon as possible.

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #74 on: July 10, 2008, 10:18:03 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I bought it :D Well, pre ordered it ! I hope I'll get it tomorrow !

On their myspace you can listen to lots of new song, I haven't though, I want to hear them on the CD first !!!

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: July 10, 2008, 05:23:25 PM
NOBLE is a f*****g masterpiece :twisted:
"windress","After Cloudia","Antique In The Future" and "History Of The Other Side" are my favorite tracks on the album.Also,"The Revenant Choir" has improved and it sounds damn good!

Now I can't wait to watch the PV for Aristocrat Symphony :)

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: July 10, 2008, 05:32:53 PM
There's suppose to be some big announcement from them today. They posted a myspace bulletin about it. I'm wondering what it is. It says that Tainted Reality will debut Noble at 8pm Eastern, 5pm Pacific and the announcement will be somewhere on the website.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #77 on: July 10, 2008, 05:41:51 PM
Blah, tainded reality always air when I'm in bed lol
Oh well....

However, I'm listening to the pewviews on repeat at the moment. Those songs are so awesome! O_O
I really have to get around preodering that CD!!!  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: July 10, 2008, 06:01:50 PM
I already have it xP Antique in the future and To the Chaos Inside kick some serious ass!

Was this released earlier in Japan, or was it leaked, since it's already been available on jpopsuki for a while?

Mod color o' mine

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #79 on: July 10, 2008, 06:05:28 PM
Probably leaked, I guess. :/ Well, I don't  download stuff so I have to wait. XD
*waits...waits...waits...* e.e
*listening to the previews again*
<3

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #80 on: July 10, 2008, 06:15:05 PM
I have the link to download the CD, but I want to wait. It's been such a long time that I want to WAIT for a CD that is actually released (*lookin' at GNR*).

I haven't even listened to the previews. Too bad I already heard 3 of the songs that I downloaded some months ago when I was just discoverin' this band.

Versailles is gonna be big in my opinon. Please, BVtE :D

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: July 10, 2008, 06:23:21 PM
Quote from: "Hurley"
Was this released earlier in Japan, or was it leaked, since it's already been available on jpopsuki for a while?

If I'm not mistaken it's on ITunes since yesterday, so it was just a matter of time before you can find it on any tracker.
I really hope the album will arrive a few days after it is released, but I also decided to listen to it now *g*

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: July 10, 2008, 06:27:02 PM
I never find links to download cds before they come out. Which is good because I like to be surprised. Although it does kind of suck when others are talking about it and you wish you could be too.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: July 11, 2008, 07:12:45 AM
I already have it xP Antique in the future and To the Chaos Inside kick some serious ass!

So, after listening to it for a few more times I have to agree, these two are at the moment my favorite tracks, but I also dig the others, great album.

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: July 11, 2008, 01:46:27 PM

So, after listening to it for a few more times I have to agree, these two are at the moment my favorite tracks, but I also dig the others, great album.

Yep, definitely, the re-recorded version of Revenant Choir is also just awesome! 10 x better than the older version :P The only song I don't really like, is Episode. The piano work in it is good and all, but the melodies aren't really appealing to me, the vocals are a bit too tame, would've needed a bit more expression of emotions or something :P Also he sings something like "oi kakataa" which sounds like "oi kakkattaa" in finnish, and it means "oh I need to poop" :P

Mod color o' mine

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: July 11, 2008, 05:10:19 PM
Right, the new Version of 'The Revenant Choir' sounds awesome, and Antique in the Future is also pretty cool, has a nice riff.

Offline Lord Arioch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: July 11, 2008, 05:47:47 PM
I just downloaded the new Revenant Choir and it sounds great (except I'd hoped that they'd put it all into japanese :? oh well, trifling..), I want to wait for the actual CD before I hear the rest, though it's gonna be tough waiting. Five days until release then about the same for delivery, it's too long!

"The dream is alive, with the moon on the hills every night,
Run around and see another side of the dream
Freedom has a meaning for me, you can't tame me!!!"

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: July 11, 2008, 05:55:34 PM
I just realized that my copy will probably get here while I'm in Nevada  :(  
Hopefully it comes before but I really doubt it.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: July 11, 2008, 06:14:42 PM
It's a good debut album for Versailles and there are some real gems to be heard on the CD. As always, Teru and Hizaki are fantastic in their guitar playing, Yuki's drumming is solid and powerful while also a base for Jasmine You to work fantastically with.

My only crticism, which is something which I maintain and have said from the first time I listened to this band is: PLEASE stop being so cheap and have a real orchestra play the orchestral parts - computer generated VSTi's sound rubbish and cheesy. Such elegant and beautiful instrumentals deserve the timbre and emotion which a real orchestra would provide, these coputer generated sounds not only bring the production values down, on this, an otherwise fantastic sounding album, but also sound generally rubbish.

:D  :D  :D  :D  out of  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: July 11, 2008, 07:21:52 PM
Quote from: "Beauty/Broken"
My only crticism, which is something which I maintain and have said from the first time I listened to this band is: PLEASE stop being so cheap and have a real orchestra play the orchestral parts - computer generated VSTi's sound rubbish and cheesy. Such elegant and beautiful instrumentals deserve the timbre and emotion which a real orchestra would provide, these coputer generated sounds not only bring the production values down, on this, an otherwise fantastic sounding album, but also sound generally rubbish.

I agree, but I guess they aren't superstars enough to afford a real orchestra :P (or a good orchestra)

Mod color o' mine