X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

So, basically, this forum is almost dead, aye?

ferret · 8071

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: September 11, 2007, 01:41:47 PM
For obvious reasons, though. Let's just remember the good old times when there was discussion going on and all the members liked each other (ok, I'm not so sure of the last one to be honest :P ). And that was BEFORE there were those X reunion rumors.

Even sadder that we have so many new members now but hardly any active ones. Or is it just me? Maybe everyone's just occupied with school, work and personal problems, I dunno...OR, nobody wants to discuss anymore.

Bleh. Sorry, I'm just kinda upset.

RIP

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 02:48:43 PM
I blame the SKIN/JRR forums mainly. They are more "official" so people go there to talk instead. Although it doesnt really help that if someone types www.x-freaks.com into their browser they just get a "Coming Soon" message. Sander should setup a redirect so it automatically goes to the forums.

And some of the older members have their "friends" who follow them wherever they may go.. so if one of those members stops posting here and starts posting elsewhere, that members "friends" also go and post at the other places.

but yeah, its pretty much dead. Its a shame really.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 03:28:08 PM
I can proudly say that I'm not a member of those forums since they look somewhat shallow to me, and I've seen loads of forums.

Yeah, the thing with the site is a bummer, but from what I remember I only found thos board because I was specifically searching for a X forum, and not just another website. Actually I'm fine with X freaks "just" being a forum.

And some of the older members have their "friends" who follow them wherever they may go.. so if one of those members stops posting here and starts posting elsewhere, that members "friends" also go and post at the other places.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant with "obvious reasons". And I'm ashamed to say I feel somewhat responsible for that clash between groups of people, tho I had reasons to say what I said and obviously there was something going on between members before the "2nd may incident" (which I had no idea of at that time). BUT I tried, at least, to get to better terms with those people and am now ok with most of them.

Matty, for you, the glass will always be half full, won't it?  :lol: I'm joining the claps for Sander, it's not his fault  :P

RIP

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 04:16:16 PM
Sad indeed. I'm not the newest member in town but the place was way more active when I joined. I have no idea about the other forums, I never even bothered to check them out. I'll take ur word for them being shallow. I guess I'll continue to browse the forum like now but I'm starting to feel less attached.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 04:22:01 PM
Feels like you've been around forever, though, haha.
I mean, that's just my opinion, many people like those forums, but I don't really see the appeal (too much fangirlism for me) except for the news, maybe, but we get those on myspace, as well.

I really thought that this forum would be BOOMING from the moment we got a media section. Ok, at least be more active or something.

RIP

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 04:48:23 PM
Hum, I think I meant to say "I'm not the oldest member in town".

Been around forever, huh? :P That's my official recognition as a regular. Oh yeah!

I think there's more than enough fangirlism here even at this rate of inactivity, so I'll definitely make sure to avoid those forums.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 04:56:34 PM
Quote from: "alex"

Been around forever, huh? :P That's my official recognition as a regular. Oh yeah!

Even better: active regular!  8)

Fangirlism? HERE?? No wayz!!!1

RIP

Offline KRazyJess

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 06:00:05 PM
Content deleted.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:40:17 AM by KRazyJess »

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 06:04:38 PM
I think it's still much more alive than when I joined ;P

Mod color o' mine

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 07:11:21 PM
Well Hurley, you are a dinosaur in terms of joining time xD The 17th person to register... And ~10th in terms of who's still active :P

And I also hope it's not dead here :roll:

This is my administrator color.

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 10:29:06 AM
well
its kinda dead but i've seen worse..
i haven't been here for ages for example :P
and its definitely not your fault Sander^^;;
but there are many morons in here

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 03:56:14 PM
Yeah, yeah...I rembember that forum being much more active when I was just lurking and not even registered...e.e
Well, I don't blame SOL/JRR at all, though. Really, who would join a forum because it's OFFICAL. You may not even post pictures or youtube links there.  It's much more comfortable to stay at a "normal" forum. ;)
And...I think it's really okay to be part of more than one forum? o_o

Well, it's a shame that it got that quiet here. but looks like the members this like the forums, though. *poining to the reponses* We just lack of topics to discuss haha

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 04:40:52 PM
well, there are lot of X forums dead, but this is not the case
just wait for new things

hi there

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 05:18:56 PM
Quote from: "KRazyJess"

And I confess to being guilty of fangirling, but I try to keep it to minimum  :oops:

I don't mind it really, because you always fangirl over the great Heath pics you post, so it's ok ;)

Quote from: "Hurley"
I think it's still much more alive than when I joined ;P

Yeah, well, back then there weren't that many members, that's different XD

Quote from: "crazy bitch"
but there are many morons in here

Tbh, I haven't seen any for ages.

Quote from: "Unfinished"
Well actually ferret I have such precision eye sight I can actually see the glass and it is half full :twisted: hehe.

*is in awe by the awesomeness*

Quote from: "AsukaMiyu"

It sure is ^^ I myself am member of numerous boards (mostly to steal pics, though :twisted: ).

Wait for new things...yeah, X fans should be used to waiting, shouldn't we? :(

Oh, maybe I'll just start some political/religious themes, maybe we have some political interested people here, who knows  :mrgreen:

RIP

Offline Keppikeksi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 05:58:29 PM
Quote from: "Hypno"
Well Hurley, you are a dinosaur in terms of joining time xD The 17th person to register... And ~10th in terms of who's still active :P

I'm not as active as Hurley but if he's a dinosaur then what am I? :D Wasn't I the 13th member (or something) to register here? Am I somekind of a bacteria who lived here long before dinosaurs even came on this planet?  :shock:

But yeah... I've also noticed that this place is getting more uninhabited even as we speak. And that is the main reason why I'm not that active anymore... I also have other priorities in life today like my high school finals closing in, other favourite bands (Nightwish, the GazettE) and band projects of my own. Though I spend many hours on my computer a day - I don't have time and the enthusiasm to visit all the places I used to be active in...

But maybe the main reason for me not coming here that often anymore is some of the "new" members. By "new" I mean new compared to me. I'm not going point fingers on anyone because that would be cruel and unfair towards those people. Major part of their messages give me the feeling that I don't want to browse this forum every day.

This is a great place... but somehow it has just died. I'm also responsible of this place becoming deserted. I always try to browse x-freaks as often as I possibly can but somehow I get the feeling I don't want to read the major part of those new messages for example in "hide", "Yoshiki" or say "Aoi Yoru Shiroi Yoru". Those sections being only examples about this matter.

So what should people do? Dunno. I liked this place when I joined. The conversation ran water in a stream and everybody liked each other. I'm not saying I don't like this place anymore but... I can't think of a way to finish that sentence. Honestly... I can't.

I'm sorry about this "emotional eruption" but I just had the feeling I need to say my opinion on this matter.

'm at my wits end

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 06:21:48 PM
Many morons in here? Well you're only as good as the people around you or so they say...
Maybe that's why she left (or went on hiatus)?

Quote from: "ferret"
Oh, maybe I'll just start some political/religious themes, maybe we have some political interested people here, who knows  :mrgreen:
You, me... Who else? I'd be in for it tbh :)

Quote from: "Keppikeksi"

I'm not as active as Hurley but if he's a dinosaur then what am I? :D Wasn't I the 13th member (or something) to register here? Am I somekind of a bacteria who lived here long before dinosaurs even came on this planet?  :shock:
Actually you were the 7th... And 5th in terms of still active...

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 07:59:09 PM
hm
i didnt call everybody a moron here^^''
i'm just saying..
and no Sander,thats not the reason why i left
i have school and stuff and i'm too busy to visit the forum.
besides,theres nothing new going on.
Sander:hiatus?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 08:29:27 PM
Hiatus is something like a 'vacation from something'... Like a hiatus from the forum is when you stop going to the forum for some time.... I think...

Offline Leo Van Newhouse

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.frappr.com/hanoirocksfrapper
Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 08:32:27 PM
What we need is a BBQ section. Everyone bring their own food, and drinks, and party on!!!

NOT FAKIN' IT!!!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 09:07:04 PM
BBQ!!! :D

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 09:40:22 PM
Even though it might be (or appear) dead, I hope all of us who come regularly don't quit posting the good stuff that matters. To quit posting in off-topic-topics is one thing.. but I do hope to return here to find at least the cool stuff.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 12:14:39 AM
Quote from: "AsukaMiyu"
Well, I don't blame SOL/JRR at all, though. Really, who would join a forum because it's OFFICAL.

Well, it's a shame that it got that quiet here. but looks like the members this like the forums, though. *poining to the reponses* We just lack of topics to discuss haha

I partially blame SKIN/JRR. I've seen quite a few members post there a LOT more than they post here. And i'm talking about members who were active here, not just random posters. Its a shame.. but these forums are still alive, even if they arent very active.. so i'm happy :D

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 07:45:03 AM

xScQ is right,as long as people still try to post the important stuff like news of cds or dvds etc.

I guess we'll have REALLY big discussion again when X finally reunite (aka the moment we see the bootlegs on youtube).

I'm just gonna stay out of this actually because it seems some people have something towards other members or the way they post...

But it's been like that forever, hasen't it? Posting news mostly turns into a bitchfight. (from what I remember, anyway)It's annoying, never the less.

And I'm all for the BBQ idea

*hungry*

RIP

Offline Keppikeksi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 10:33:33 AM
Quote from: "xScQ"
Even though it might be (or appear) dead, I hope all of us who come regularly don't quit posting the good stuff that matters. To quit posting in off-topic-topics is one thing.. but I do hope to return here to find at least the cool stuff.

Absolutely right! I'm with Mark on this one. :)

'm at my wits end

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 01:55:17 PM
When did I join sander and how am I ranked,talking about saint(c)!
You were 25th :P 13th Aug. 2006. And about being active... 13th or 14th maybe? I don't know how much ppl still visit this forum.

And btw if you wanna know when you register and stuff, just go to "Memberlist" :P

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 03:06:31 PM

Quote from: "ferret"
You, me... Who else? I'd be in for it tbh :)

I would!

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #26 on: September 14, 2007, 08:48:05 AM
Me too.

Uh, sorry for not posting much for the last week. I had something of a rough time. Will get better next week, I suppose.  :)

Pony rocks!

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 14, 2007, 08:57:17 AM
I guess as a new(er) member.. Alot of the questions that i've thought of asking have mostly been covered in the older topics, so you just have to read through and go "...Ooooooh!!! So thats why so and so.." So maybe thats
one reason why newer members aren't posting that much or at all.

Anyway, before i joined i was reading through the forums for a few weeks and it seemed really hectic with lots of news and convos and a little fighting (ooh, catfight...) but after i joined it was still pretty busy but has just slowly died down. Its quite sad, because like alot of people i go on here every day and read the new posts (if there are any). Still, even if there isn't any news its still great with the offtopic section, because even if the news isn't about X or anything Yoshiki, Pata, Heath, Toshi or Taiji are doing, its still really good talking about anything random to people who all have at least one thing in common. Being a fan of X Japan.

MODERATOR'd!

Offline HanZaKha

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 04:06:11 AM
Don't worry, it will be crowded after 22 Jan 08.
otherwise, lets hope so...

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 30, 2007, 12:15:36 PM
Well, I just joined but I'm trying to take a look everyday and I'm trying to post but it's alwas a bit difficult for me to begin on a forum, I'm trying my best!!

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~