on: August 27, 2007, 02:43:36 PM
asa
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 08:18:01 AM by Unfinished »

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 04:41:24 PM
Quote from: "Unfinished"
What was your first thought after you were invitied to join S.K.I.N. by Yoshiki?
Miyavi: I was excited! He said that it would be his last band. I was thankful and joined.

Taken from an interview with Miyavi from JAme.

Sort of sad to read Yoshiki's last band but then again the clock is ticking.I hope S.K.I.N takes off soon even if its just in Japan.

Notice the word I underlined. His last band, not his last project. I'm sure he'll still be very active with other stuff like Violet UK. After X, I didnt think he'd be in another band so this isnt really that shocking.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 06:43:25 PM
S.K.I.N. as YOSHIKI's last band doesn't make me sad. As long as it doesn't mean a first = last live band.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 12:16:06 AM
S.K.I.N is not his last band.   :)
X is. His first and last.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 07:02:49 PM
last band? somehow this sounds like a translation mistake of "latest band" or something. Er, whatever. I think X and S.K.I.N. are really enough bands. And there's still VUK. So what? o_o

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 11:14:07 AM
I can imagine him in his 60's still talking about releasing Violet UK cds or Eternal Melody type cds.

fixed ;)

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 02:47:09 PM
Well X disbanded and so S.K.I.N is his last band really.Of course X will do that reunion(so we hear) but theirs no way they can get back together Toshi said he wouldn't sing the violent songs like Kurenai etc and if Yoshiki was to write more they would be violent and Toshi wouldn't sing.

Well, to be honest I don't think they're even gonna reunite at all. First, because I see both Yoshiki and Toshi both very dismotivated and unsure about it. (and I can't imagine Heath, Pata or even Taiji all excited about it). And second because it would make no sense to reunite a band for a mere tour or live when that very same band has even done an official Last Live. And moreover, as you said, Toshi won't sing most of the songs. (so X will reunite just to sing Forever Love, drop some Tears and go back home under Endless Rain? nope. don't think so).

But of course, this is just a personal oppinion, I hope I'm wrong. But yes, under that point of view, SKIN is probably his last band. What I mean with X being his first and last band ever is just a metaphor for X being very special for him, forever.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.