• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Favourite performance on Aoi Yoru?

BizKiTRoAcH · 6512

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: August 06, 2007, 12:23:16 PM
So, to the people who have watched it, what was your favourite performance on the DVD?

My favourite was "Say Anything featuring Toshi". It was such an amazing performance. My second favourite was "Rose Of Pain featuring Toshi, hide and Pata". I dont know why but those 2 acoustic performances were just spectacular. I loved them.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 01:09:39 PM
I loved Say Anything as well.

Also, I liked SCARS very much (I usually don't) and Weekend on Shiroi Yoru.

Pony rocks!

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 05:28:48 PM
thats an easy question. X!!!
You can't beat X as an opener. This is soooo damn cool.

Spoiler. Only read the next part, if you have watched the whole live.

Say anything was great too, really great. Toshi just standing there singing and playing an acoustic guitar. So great. And Abe Takeshi on sopran sax. A really interesting version of Say Anything and a good one too. Very good and beautiful.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 11:20:11 PM
Quote from: "Anna"

Well, i'm not a huge fan of Scars but I thought Scars on melody was quite good. Toshi sounded cool singing with the deeper voice. However I really dont like the version of Rusty Nail that they did on these dvds. I prefer the version from the Dahlia album.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 12:04:20 PM
Rusty Nail was pretty okay, in my opinion.

Dahlia and Scars on Melody were even better than the ones from the album. I think that singing it with deeper voice lends a special touch to that songs.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 12:29:01 PM
Dahlia and Scars on Melody were even better than the ones from the album. I think that singing it with deeper voice lends a special touch to that songs.

I think so, too. I was really pleasantly surprised when Toshi started Scars like this, it sounded mighty cool.  8)

Pony rocks!

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 12:47:00 PM
The only reason I dont like this version of Rusty Nail is because I cant sing along to it.. they changed the words around and it confuses me  :P

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 03:17:59 PM
I am really in love with the Rose of Pains from both shows. On 1994.12.31 (sorry, I can't remember if that's Aoi or Shiroi ;P) even more, since Toshi is singing a lot better. I also like the Piano solos very much, Amethyst with that lady playing the violin, just fantastic. Dahlia is also great without all those annoying guitar effects.

Mod color o' mine

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 05:11:14 PM
Quote from: "Hurley"
I am really in love with the Rose of Pains from both shows. On 1994.12.31 (sorry, I can't remember if that's Aoi or Shiroi ;P) even more, since Toshi is singing a lot better. I also like the Piano solos very much, Amethyst with that lady playing the violin, just fantastic. Dahlia is also great without all those annoying guitar effects.

I like the 94 versions of Dahlia and of SCARS way better than the original ones from the Dahlia album. They feel more straight forward and Toshi's singing with a lil bit deeper voice suits those songs way better.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 10:08:02 PM
The rose of pain performances were amazing on both nights.

I dont like the early version of Dahlia, I prefer the album version. However I think the early version of SCARS is MUCH better. I like how hide keeps playing the "intro" bit during the "yeah yeah yeah yeah" bit if that makes sense.. I think it adds a bit more to the song than the original version. And it definately sounds better with Toshi's deeper voice :D

Offline Mitsuko

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/sparklysquee
Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 09:25:10 PM
I agree wholeheartedly! I LOVE Scars on both nights with the deep voice. I wonder why they didn't record it that way? Dahlia as well. Dahlia didn't used to be a song I liked a whole lot - I mean, not as much as some of their other songs - but in this concert I really love it.

Rose of Pain... the beginning bothers me a bit. Once it really gets going, it's great, but when he first starts singing... I don't know... it's like certain versions of Tears, it just grates on me. o.o Please no one be offended by those statements! XD They're only my opinions.

Lady, lady are you ready to go?
Why do you have to be laying down?

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 12:14:07 PM
Scars on Melody was awesome :D I don't listen to the album version often, but Toshi's deeper voice was fantastic.

I also thought it was great how they started with X. BANG, straight into it. What an awesome start.

Orgasm was sweet. The side to side headbanging was so fun to watch, and it looked like they were having a great time. :P It reminded me of Deuce by KISS.

Longing is always beautiful to watch. I don't mind the different lyrics, though "Im singing to myself.." makes me cringe a little..

Overall though, i'd say that Say Anything was the best performance of the night. It was just.. I can't even put it into words..

MODERATOR'd!

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 10:40:26 PM

Yes, my favourites also..