X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Least Favourite Performance (Aoi/Shiroi Yoru)

Anna · 12030

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
on: August 16, 2007, 01:19:16 AM
Well, let's argue over this one now!  :D

Sadly, I have to say that for me the least favourite performance on both nights was Heath solo. (Sadly because I like him otherwise and his solos too, sometimes...  :P ). I cannot really judge whether he played badly or not (I think not), but it was overall a little bit boring.
Also, I think hide no heya in Aoi Yoru was also quite difficult to sit through (though Shiroi Yoru was nice).

Pony rocks!

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 01:27:21 AM
Well, i'd say the drum solo's on both.. but if you dont want to include them:

On Shiroi Yoru, my least favourite performance was X. It is my favourite song, but I was annoyed that they didnt play the guitar solo!  :evil:

I dont actually have a least favourite on Aoi Yoru (excluding the drum solo) as I enjoyed all the performances :D

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 11:44:59 AM
Aoi Yoru: Hide no Heya. The show is great, but it's really a lil bit too long.

Shiroi Yoru: Heath Solo. Actually I liked Heath Solo on Aoi Yoru but this one is going too long, like Hide no Heya on Aoi Yoru.

*Concerning drum solo*

I have to agree that they are a bit weak. I prefer him really hitting the drums hard (Dahlia Tour Final, The Last Live). But visually I think they are great. The Mirror Ball thingie is cool ^_^

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 12:15:11 PM
I have to agree that they are a bit weak. I prefer him really hitting the drums hard (Dahlia Tour Final, The Last Live).

Agree. But he was sick his time, having fallen from the stage during the rehearsal. (Toshi never forgets to mention it) Must have been tough for him.  He didn't finish Kurenai properly, too. There's the moment when he simply cannot drum and for a second or two, Toshi is waiting for him before he realizes the situation.

Pony rocks!

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 12:17:28 PM
It wasnt necessarily that the drum solo was weak, i just dont like the mix of hard drumming and classical music :P

Visually, it was very pretty though!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 03:17:54 PM
As I have only heard the audio, I won't say much... Exept that I liked Heath solo on both discs AND surprisingly, hide no Heya also... maybe becouse it was with Pata :P

This is my administrator color.

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 10:37:39 PM
As I have only heard the audio, I won't say much... Exept that I liked Heath solo on both discs AND surprisingly, hide no Heya also... maybe becouse it was with Pata :P

Yep, me too. Heath solo is pretty good.. well, I happen to like it.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 09:05:41 PM
Let me revive this. Heath’s solo here was 100% better than in X Japan Returns, not my fav performance of the night but not my the worst.
On the other hand, Yoshiki injured his arm right before the concert, in an accident during practice, that’s why he had bandages. I don’t like his drum solos very much but this one was less flashy and more lackluster than the others, so this is one of the worst tracks for me.
Then, hide’s solos, always a hit or miss for me, I keep forgetting which night but one I think I liked night 1 and hated night 2. Yep.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 24, 2019, 11:49:14 AM
These concerts had an amazing production, a good setlist, but I think they were weak. They didn't rehearse enough, there are lots of mistakes (mostly on Aoi Yoru), Toshi's voice is quite bad (sometimes sounds like he isn't even breathing properly), Yoshiki had all his usual health issues as well. They all were in terrible shape.

Heath solo was nice, the acoustic corner was a great idea but the performance wasn't so good due to Toshi's voice. When you watch a performance from Dahlia Tour 1995, is incredible how he recovered and his voice was in the best shape ever.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 09:33:21 PM
I think I haven't seen this performance yet. I'm usually not a fan of this period of X.

Is it worth to watch it, even when it's maybe the worsed performance?

positively unsure。

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #10 on: October 26, 2019, 05:53:59 AM
Aoi yoru was low-key a bit better imo. Pata was more agressive with guitar that day. And on Shiroi, Hide was in better form.

*nuzzles*