on: June 03, 2007, 08:43:52 AM
XXXX
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 02:31:03 PM by Maverick »

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 09:31:41 AM
Sweeeeeeet. There was a K-1 show yesterday in Los Angeles at the Memorial Coliseum. Maybe they met there. I'm gonna watch that show soon since there's a wrestler gone fighter in it, and they tend not to fight so well usually. (ferret, you know Brock lesnar right?)

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 09:35:05 AM
I knew Yoshiki liked karate and such, but still it seems strange to me that he wants to engage in such business.
Well, whatever as long as he's having fun (and doesn't get accidentally hit in the process).  :?

Pony rocks!

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 08:06:49 AM
Brock Lesnar is going to kill himself. And Dennis Rodman has no place in K1 Fighting.  That is the oddest couple if I ever see Rodman and Yoshiki together, but then again, it wouldn't be so odd.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 09:18:10 AM
Um...weird news °_°
Yoshiki seems strange in that k-1 area...Well, I think he just wants to have some fun...?

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline motorhead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 02:58:48 PM
Quote from: "Anna"
I knew Yoshiki liked karate and such, but still it seems strange to me that he wants to engage in such business.
Well, whatever as long as he's having fun (and doesn't get accidentally hit in the process).  :?

yoshiki knows karate, wow.

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 06:17:49 PM
Well, I still don't know for when it's set though. If it's short term, lets say the Dynamite PPV in December then obviously it's for the ratings. I don't know if Rodman already was playing with the idea, and how Yoshiki got to be involved, but K-1 loves this stuff.

And besides.. in Japan they don't have to fear for PrideFC anymore. K-1 MAX/HEROs is the bigger company now. Some fighters already are coming to the K-1 brand. They are a serious but playful organisation,  look at Sapp/Ologun/Sentoryu etc. They like this sort of thing. I'm sure K-1 organisation encourages Rodman + Yoshiki in every way.

But it doesn't mean Rodman will do well though. I think it's one of those "As long as it goes as we planned we will stay" kind of thing. Rodman will need to train very hard to face top fighters in the brand. He's probably a really slow guy who has to take advantage of his height and reach.

But I don't see him knocking anyone out or even winning by decision.. ONLY if he were to face opponents of his same stature and style (People who generally can't keep up anyway). Maybe Sean O'Haire or that big Korean guy that Lesnar was supposed to fight at the EliteXC PPV.

Offline Dangle

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/dangle
Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 04:54:55 AM
Dennis Rodmans and asshole

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Dangle_Himself/hideguitarsmaller.jpg[/img]
Why do I have to be so good, when I'm lying next to you